Chesterton Tribune



Apply now for open seats on Town of Porter boards

Back To Front Page


The Porter Town Council has released the list of open board and commission seats for 2021.

Residents who wish to apply for a seat should email Clerk-Treasurer Carol Pomeroy at by 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 18, or mail a letter of interest to Pomeroy at 303 Franklin St., Porter, IN 46304

Incumbents who wish to be re-appointed must also send a letter of interest.

For the purpose of a board appointment, a personís political affiliation is determined by the ballot pulled in the last primary election in which he or she voted.

The open seats:

-- Board of Zoning Appeals: one appointment, no party affiliation; and one appointed by the Advisory Plan Commission.

-- Economic Development: one appointment, no party affiliation, appointed by the Porter County Council.

-- Plan Commission: one appointment, party affiliation required.

-- Police Commission: one appointment, party affiliation required.

-- Redevelopment Commission: two appointments, no party affiliation.

-- Stormwater Board: one appointment, party affiliation required.


Posted 12/1/2020






Search This Site:

Custom Search