The Chesterton Town Council made its 2014 board appointments at a special
meeting on New Year’s Day.
Only one appointee to a regularly meeting board is a fresh face: Mark
Dickinson, named to the Parks and Recreation Board.
Other appointments, or rather re-appointments:
* Jeff Ton to the Advisory Plan Commission.
* Rodney Corder to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
* Andy Michel and James Raffin to the Utility Service Board.
* Alex Rodriguez to the Police Commission.
* Bruce Mathias to the Stormwater Management Board.
* Paul Sharp, Sharon Darnell, James Ton, Jeff Trout, and Ed Schoenfelt to
the Redevelopment Commission.
* Rick Hokanson, Phoebe Jane-House, and Joe Ackerman to the Tax Abatement
The council also elected Member Sharon Darnell, D-4th, to the presidency and
Member Jeff Trout, R-2nd, to the vice-presidency.
All department liaison positions will remain the same in 2014:
* Member Nick Walding, R-3rd, to the Street Department.
* Member Emerson DeLaney, R-5th, to the Police and Fire departments.
* Darnell to the Utility and Park departments.
* Trout to the Building and Engineering departments.
* Member Jim Ton, R-1st, to the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning