The Town of Burns Harbor will be holding its annual fall Large Garbage
Pickup Day on Thursday, Sept. 26.
Acceptable items for collection:
* White goods: hot water heaters, dishwashers, washers, dryers.
* Small amounts of construction material, tied and bundled in four-foot
lengths or in a 30-gallon container.
* Furniture: mattresses, box springs, sofas.
* Swimming pool liners, tied and bundled.
* Grass clippings, bagged or containerized.
* Open paint cans. Paint must be completely dry or hard.
Unacceptable items, which will not be collected:
* Hazardous liquids, including paints, oils, and chemicals.
* Tires or any other vehicle parts.
* Freon units: refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners, dehumidifiers.
* Dirt or concrete.
* Medical waste.
* Dead animals.