Chesterton Tribune



Apply now for open County Park Board seats

Back To Front Page


County residents interested in serving on the Porter County Park Board are urged to apply for two open seats.

To apply for the unexpired Commissioners’ seat, fill out an “Application for Board Appointment” form, at The Commissioners’ office at the County Administration Building, 155 Indiana Avenue, Suite 205, Valparaiso, can be reached at (219) 465-3440.

To apply for the unexpired remainder of the other open seat contact the Porter County Circuit Court, located at the Porter County Courthouse, 16 E. Lincolnway, Suite 209, Valparaiso, at (219) 465-3425.

Members of the Park Board must be residents of Porter County. Harper’s appointment to the Board must be a registered Democrat. Park Board members are not compensated.

The County Parks Department includes Sunset Hill Farm Park, Dunn’s Bridge Kankakee River Park, the Brincka-Cross gardens and natural area, the Calumet Trail, Brookview fishing park, Hawk Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary (not yet open to the public) and Aukiki Park (not yet open.)


Posted 6/5/2019




Search This Site:

Custom Search