Chesterton Tribune

 

 

LTVFD: Dog turns on stove; food burns home smokes up

Back To Front Page

 

Food burning on a stove smoked up a residence this morning in the 1300 block of Aspen Drive in the Whispering Sands Manufactured Home Community, the Liberty Township Volunteer Fire Department is reporting.

According to a statement released today, at 9:30 a.m. the LTVFD, as well as the Chesterton and South Haven FDs under mutual aid agreements, responded to a report of a possible residential structure fire.

On his arrival CFD Chief John Jarka saw nothing visible from the outside but later discovered that a kitchen fire had started when food began burning on the stove after a dog in the home somehow managed to activate the stove. The residents returned sometime later to find smoke in their home.

“All occupants were safely evacuated upon fire crews arriving,” the statement said. “Fire personnel on scene ventilated the structure of smoke. The residence remains livable as no damage to the structure was sustained.”

The LTVFD thank the Chesterton and South Haven FDs, the Porter County Sheriff’s Police, and Porter EMS.

 

Posted 6/11/2019

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search