Chesterton Tribune

 

 

House fire in Porter today

Back To Front Page

 

A fire caused considerable damage early this morning to the house at 11 Dune Forest Trail, the Porter Fire Department is reporting.

Fire Chief Jay Craig told the Chesterton Tribune today that the PFD responded at 12:13 a.m., after an open flame accidentally set a lampshade on fire in a bedroom of the house.

All occupants safely evacuated, no one was injured in the blaze, and the PFD--assisted at the scene under an automatic mutual-aid agreement by the Chesterton FD--succeeded in containing the fire to the bedroom.

Chesterton firefighters laid a 300-foot hose from a hydrant at Dune Forest Trail and Waverly Road, then helped Porter firefighters inside the home with suppression and overhaul.

Craig said that minimal overhaul was necessary but he nevertheless estimated total damage to structure and contents from fire, water, and smoke at $30,000.

The CFD was released from the scene at 1:13 a.m. and the PFD cleared sometime later.

 

Posted 8/18/2020

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search