Chesterton Tribune

 

 

Coroner: Porter fire victim died of smoke inhalation

Back To Front Page

 

The Porter man found deceased on Friday following a fire in his apartment died of asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation.

An autopsy was performed on Bobby Lee Yaus, 28, on Monday, Porter County Coroner Chuck Harris told the Chesterton Tribune today.

The results of a routine toxicology screen are pending, Harris added.

Yaus was discovered on the floor of an upstairs bedroom on Friday afternoon, after his mother and brother reported smoke in their apartment at 179 S. 20th St.

Porter Fire Chief Jay Craig has preliminarily identified the cause of the fire as careless smoking, although the State Fire Marshal’s Office has not yet completed its investigation. The fire is believed to have originated in a first-floor front room but extinguished itself prior to firefighters’ arrival.

 

 

Posted 5/8/2018

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search