Chesterton Tribune

 

 

CFD responds to paint and popcorn

Back To Front Page

 

Paint and popcorn got the Chesterton Fire Department out and about on Thursday.

In the first incident, at 1:27 p.m., the CFD responded to the Aspen Pines Apartments at 1635 S. Sixth St., after a resident there reported a “toxic odor” in her building. The resident in particular, and with some urgency, requested Fire, Police, and EMS, and advised all first-responders to wear protective masks, Capt. Tony Coslet told the Chesterton Tribune today.

On their arrival, firefighters discovered that the toxic odor was only paint fumes from an apartment getting a fresh coat from maintenance, Coslet said.

The CFD cleared that scene at 1:48 p.m.

Then, at 2:41 p.m., the CFD responded to the NorthShore Health Center at 407 W. Indiana Ave., following the activation of a smoke alarm in the building. On their arrival, firefighters found that NorthShore had been evacuated. They also found that someone had burned popcorn, Coslet said.

The CFD used its negative-pressure electric fan to ventilate the building, then cleared the scene at 2:47 p.m.

 

Posted 12/8/2017

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search