Chesterton Tribune

 

 

CFD: Fatal house fire origin was electrical in nature

Back To Front Page

 

The house fire in which a Chestnut Hills resident died on Thanksgiving Eve was accidental and electrical in origin, the Chesterton Fire Department is reporting.

Lt. Brandon Smith, who headed the CFD’s investigation of the Nov. 25 blaze, told the Chesterton Tribune on Tuesday that the fire began in the wall of the upstair bathroom in Shirley Ann Walton’s home in the 800 block of Chestnut Blvd.

Walton, 63, was found deceased on the floor near that bathroom.

Smith said that the fire was ignited by some electrical malfunction in the wall but was unable to be more specific than that, given the damage caused by the blaze.

The fire essentially destroyed the home, with both the house’s roof and the attached garage’s roof collapsing.

 

Posted 12/2/2015

 
 
 
 

 

 

Search This Site:

Custom Search