Chesterton Tribune

 

 

CFD: Birds nest ignited by streetlight starts fire

Back To Front Page

Chesterton firefighters responded to a streetlight fire on Wednesday in the Estates of Sand Creek.

Capt. Jamie Hicks told the Chesterton Tribune Wednesday that, at 8:29 p.m., the CFD was dispatched to the area of Ryder Road and Carrick Lane after a streetlight ignited. On their arrival, Hicks said, the fire was already out.

Firefighters removed the fuse and cleared the scene at 8:46 p.m.

The apparent cause of the fire, Hicks said: a bird’s nest ignited by the heat of the lamp. “We saw the remnants of the bird’s nest on the ground.”

 

Posted 5/2/2013