Wanda E. Brandstetter, age 86, longtime Porter Beach resident passed away
peacefully at 6:05 p.m., Sunday, February 27, 2011 in St. Anthony Memorial,
Michigan City, IN.
Beloved wife of Hugo; cherished mother of Susan, Ericka and Russell; adored
grandmother of Jackson, Madeline, Ada and Beck.
After serving her country in World War II, Wanda went on to earn a Masters
degree in Psychology from the University of Chicago as well as PhD in
Biology from Northwestern University. As a founding member of the National
Organization for Women (NOW) she worked tirelessly for the ratification of
the Equal Rights Amendment and in the pursuit of social justice for all.
The Five Remembrances
1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill
3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change.
There is no way to escape being separated from them.
5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences
of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
There will be a memorial service at a later date. Cremation will take place.
Lakeview Funeral Home and Crematory, 247 W. Johnson Road, La Porte, IN is
caring for the arrangements.
Please send condolences to the family at