Excitement and natural thrills await the visitor in June at Indiana Dunes
Sixteen miles of hiking trails let unspoiled nature and authentic character
revive spirits before splashing into the cool waters for an afternoon swim
in Lake Michigan. No visit to the park is complete without a trip to the
park Nature Center to take in one of many diverse, educational, and fun
interpretive programs. School is out, so catch daily programs taking place
throughout the park.
Here's a quick glimpse at some of the fun programs coming up this next
* Take part in the Aspiring Artists Adventure at 10 a.m. on Friday,
June 14. Join a morning hike to the old Dudley cottage site for some
inspiration and some artwork of your own. Basic supplies provided.
* The annual Singing Sands Star Show will be held from 8:30 to 11
p.m., Saturday, June 15. Join members of the Calumet Astronomical Society
for an evening of stargazing from the historic beach Pavilion.
* Participate in some summer bird banding as the summer nets are
opened at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 20. Explore the breeding birds around the
Nature Center in this up close and personal demonstration.
* Itíll be a unique and one of a kind program at 3 p.m. Friday, June
28. Meet the interpreter at the Campground Gate at 3 p.m. for a Ghost Town
Tour. Discover the fizzled existence of an old town hoped to rival Michigan
City and even Chicago.
* And mark calendars now for the big Tri-Town Fireworks show at the
main beach on July 2. Come early and enjoy the live music, live animals on
the beach, and many great food vendors.
Want to stay even more updated on park happenings, park news, and more?
Become a fan of the Indiana Dunes State Park Facebook page and view photos
and videos from other Dunes visitors, take part in discussions, or just let
others know about the dunes.
Review all of the upcoming June activities at