* Before you leave check the weather forecast and let someone know your
route of travel.
* Always keep your gas tank full when driving in cold weather.
* Carry a winter survival kit in your car which is to include: blankets,
extra warm clothes, flashlight, extra batteries, brightly colored cloth,
sand or a bag of cat litter, shovel, candles and matches, non perishable
high calorie foods, (nuts, raisins, and candy bars), newspapers (for
insulation), a first aid kit and jumper cables.
* Do not leave your car if stranded, it is your best protection. Do not
panic, an idling car only uses one gallon of gas per hour.
* Roll down a window a very small amount for fresh air.
* Make sure the car